Happy Pride Day Cumbria
Equality at the heart of Policy Making
Unlike any other major party, the Liberal Democrats have kept equality at the heart of the policymaking process. The following list represents the democratically decided policy of the entire party:
- Continuing to move towards fully Equal Marriage
- Ending the blood donation ban
- Ending LGBT Conversion therapy
- Banning homophobic chanting at sports matches
- Ensuring inclusive sexualities' in advertising, media, and sport and positive images of transgender individuals in central government publications
- Introducing "X" gender markers on passports
- Removing the requirement for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria in order to obtain legal gender recognition
- Ending deportation of LGBT people to countries where they face LGBT-based persecution.
During the coalition Lynne Featherstone, now Baroness Featherstone pushed Cameron and the Conservatives to establish legal same-sex marriage in the United Kingdom.
Happy Pride Day
In the coming General Election, the progress we've all made over the past 20 years could be at stake. There are some that would like to roll back our hard-won LGBT+ rights. Please make sure you've registered to vote and vote for Julia Aglionby as Liberal Democrat MP for Carlisle.
Learn more about Julia Aglionby